Proof that broadhead tunning works.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
Yes..use a arrow squaring device on both ends of ur arrow and then on your insert..All part of proper arrow tuning. Good job ruttin for bringing it up.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I know when I started to pay attention to my arrows better, my shooting improved greatly with broad heads. It really does help to take the time to tune your equipment, even if you think it might be a pain the butt. Patience is a virtue with bowhunting. (and bow tuning)

gunnihunter

May 3, 2011
Firearrow, can you tell me more about the poundage statement? If I am a right handed shooter, and I want to move my BH left, do I adjust up or down on the poundage? I am new to BH tuning and I am struggling a bit. I checked the arrow spine and that is fine, so I am looking for other adjustments beyond moving the rest. It may be my form, grip, etc, but not getting the movement left that I would expect.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
Gunnihunter..Go to huntersfriend.com and look up bow tuning and walkback tuning. It will tell you exactly what you need to know plus much more. And as Ruttin stated. The time spent is worth it.

woodz

Jun 17, 2011
Wyoming
Gunnihunter, easton also has a great free download on their website. I haven't looked at the huntersfriend tuning but im sure it is also quality. I have purchased from them in the past and they are very helpful.

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
I used the info from easton. Turn poundage down. I do a quarter turn at a time, top and bottom limb bolts. Once yo get 20 dialed, go to 30, then 40, and so on. At the further distances I do 1/8 turn.

gunnihunter

May 3, 2011
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help! I will give it another try with these added resources and suggestions.