Primers

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My son owns his own trucking business and text me today he picked up 88 MILLION primers from Speer/CCI in Lewiston, Id, going to Minnesota. He picks up there usually twice a month. I told him to save me a million or so....LOL! They are making primers, we just arn't high on the priority list.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I wouldn't be surprised if they are all going to the Federal plant in Anoka. There are still zero primers at any retail outlet within 100 miles of me (two states). Those who reload 12 ga. are not even shooting trap this year due to lack of primers. I was able to get 3 cases of trap loads directly from Federal, but the cost was double of what I could buy them for at Walmart just two years ago.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Primers are still a major issue in GA.

I gave up my gun club membership last year because I stopped going to shoot. I have enough primers and powder to replace what I shoot at animals and to check guns but I don’t shoot clays like I used to.

I’m “100% stocked” with ammo but if I can’t get primers/powder in the next year I’m going to be in trouble. Hopefully the new plants in GA will start producing some.

I have plenty of lead. The air gun thing might come to reality soon for me just to keep shooting.