Preparing for the hunt

TN911

Jun 6, 2018
Missouri
As some of you may know, I am headed to Colorado for an archery hunt this Thursday. I feel like we have all the equipment needed but I wanted to ask, What are the main things you leave at home and wish you had with you on your hunt? We will be staying in a truck bed camper for 10 days. We are taking Rambo bikes to get around on the motorized trails with and hiking a lot. Thanks for any wisdom!

Gerald

Dec 8, 2017
Colorado
The small things tend to be forgotten.. most important thing to me is a good nights rest so you can keep hunting hard for longer and enjoy your hunt more. a good mattress/ pad to sleep on and my favorite pillow always come with me whenever I've got a base camp by the road. when backpacking i like to bring a smaller seat pad that doubles as a pillow. Of course always be prepared with some kind of a survival/first aid kit too. Best of luck to you guys i hope to see some great success pics from y'all

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
A few plastic sandwich bags are at times worth their weight in gold. Get the sealing type.

I use them for wet wipes, and TP mostly and I usually just stick them into my pants pockets to have them no matter what. But they come in handy if you get into some bad weather and you have a few things that you don't want to get wet.