PNF Fires

cali_hornhunter

Jun 17, 2011
Red Bluff Ca
Fire update

Just to give a heads up to anyone on hear that has an X6A tag or adjoing units tags that are in the plumas nationl forest theres 2 fires there one is in the chip creek area and another is in the the beckwourth/portola area just wanted to give everyone a heads due to this might hamper scouting and hunting strategies since archery deer is gonna be here before you know it

Last edited:

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Just to give a heads up to anyone on hear that has an X6A tag or adjoing units tags that are in the plumas nationl forest theres 2 fires there one is in the chip creek area and another is in the the beckwourth/portola area just wanted to give everyone a heads due to this might hamper scouting and hunting strategies since archery deer is gonna be here before you know it
Let me know if you hear about any fires in the X3A , X4 areas (I think). I have a zone 5 Big Valley antelope tag that I'm leaving for on the 16th. It's half in Modoc Nat. Forest and Half Lassen.
Thanks ! (you should have 5 thans now:)

cali_hornhunter

Jun 17, 2011
Red Bluff Ca
Let me know if you hear about any fires in the X3A , X4 areas (I think). I have a zone 5 Big Valley antelope tag that I'm leaving for on the 16th. It's half in Modoc Nat. Forest and Half Lassen.
Thanks ! (you should have 5 thans now:)
Ya definitely lol and ya i'll definitely let everyone else know if anyhting new pops up

cali_hornhunter

Jun 17, 2011
Red Bluff Ca
Pnf chip fire is still going its up around lotts lake so that's C4 and also the reading fire is up around old station which is c3 zone and an x-zone on the east side off hwy 44 and also for anyone that has an lassen antelope tag or X5B tag your hunts are going to be directly affected by another fire in that area so just wanna update everyone on stuff I've been gone on fires personally and will be missing archery opener :/ but I'll be gettin It monday when I'm off good luck everyone!!!!

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Here's the site that will keep all of you up to date on the major fires. http://www.inciweb.org/

goindeep.........that's a pretty bold statement youv'e made, the Rush fire has burned over 230,000 acres of the X5A country and small portions of 015 in Nevada......both are critical habitat for allready drought stricken Mule deer and Antelope populations.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
The smoke in X3A and X4 was pretty bad for the last 4 days. My eyes burned , etc. In evening the wind would shift from east to west and fill Big Valley withbad smoke. Laots of deer in X3A...