Photo contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_steve

Jan 30, 2014
Yakima, WA
Definitely hard to follow everyone. I recently went on a turkey hunt in SD where I was able to try out my new Canon 10-22mm lens with my Canon T3i camera. Both of these pictures were taken on this trip. The Black Hills are beautiful and I highly recommend visiting the area.

The next photos were taken with my T3i as well. The KS Deer was taken last year with a 50mm prime lens and the MT elk was taken with a 18-55mm lens. The 50mm lens is great for getting good DOF. The MT elk was taken by my friend Shayne and was my most favorite hunt to date!

Attachments

Last edited:

mt-mike

Jul 16, 2011
Helena, Montana
Scenery shot of elk herd after an October snow storm in the Absaroka Mountains of Wyoming.

Kill shot of mule deer harvested the last weekend of the season in Nevada. Taken using the camera's timer.

target tony

Aug 13, 2013
Iowa
great photos guys. i have a lot of shots from out west while on hunting trips. the first one is from Yellowstone while i was antelope hunting near Gillette. it is the Grand Prismatic pool at sunset. the second is my first mule deer from 2010 Montana.

BucksnBulls

Aug 28, 2013
South Dakota
Here are a couple of my favorites from the past few years. A couple years ago I upgraded to a Canon 60d with a do-all 18-270mm Tamron lens. Its heavy bulky and inconvenient but I make myself lug it around on all my excursions. Its usually worth it in the end though.

2013 Colorado Mule Deer

2010 Wyoming Elk

2013 Deer Camp

Wyoming Sheep Hunt

huntwhenican

Feb 6, 2014
Oregon
Scouting for a new elk hunting spot in Eastern Oregon

Night Sky during an October deer hunt...just wish I had shot it in raw instead of JPG

bigmoose

Jan 2, 2012
Yerington Nevada
The photo of the buck was taken with an old Kodak Instamatic in 1980. The ram photo was taken with a old Canon compact 35mm camera in 1998. The two Wyoming landscape shots were from a Canon S95 in 2011. This camera has been a great little camera to take along no matter where I go. It is always in my daypack when I'm out hunting.

Attachments

DUG

May 4, 2014
Bighorn Mountains at sunrise, WY
bighorn.jpg
Uncompahgre Plateau, CO
uncomb.jpg
Uncompahgre plateau Bear
bear.jpg
Leftover deer tag public land, CO
IMAG0572afull.jpg

used a Sony Cyber-shot/carl zeiss glass

gypsumreaper

Mar 13, 2014

Jus a few landscapes I have taken all with an Olympus e520 except the last one is an iPhone.

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

Status
Not open for further replies.