paunsaugunt pronghorn???

elktaker

Nov 28, 2015
Anyone have any locations to look for huntable pronghorn on the Paunsaugunt (preferably the West side of the unit)? I am thinking about applying for Doe pronghorn there this year. I live in Springdale and it is an easy day trip to hunt the West Side of the Unit by 89. Besides a little waterfowl hunting, I have not spent much time on the Pausaugunt.

I wish they had a Zion/Panguitch Doe tags so I could attempt archery up near Duck Creek area where I routinely see them in Ponderosa Pines. I can draw Boulder as well (hunt the parker) which would be a one day hunt for me likely plan it to happen right before, after or during the cow elk tag that I have planned but I would rather spend time with friends and in elk camp than branching out to kill a Doe pronghorn.

Thanks for any info,

Bocephus

Mar 6, 2019
I have 4 resident points for a stinky old doe antelope. I have been putting in for that hunt and can’t draw the dang thing. Lots of goats all over the unit. If you draw let me know I can get you more specific spots.

elktaker

Nov 28, 2015
I have 4 resident points for a stinky old doe antelope. I have been putting in for that hunt and can’t draw the dang thing. Lots of goats all over the unit. If you draw let me know I can get you more specific spots.
I am holding 5 points and last year it was garrenteed with 5. Your odds will be really good with 4 pts.

I really just need to go look for them. I live in Springdale. I use to live in Wayne County and the Parker takes no effort to find a doe so shifting towards the Pauns.

We will see what antlered tags I draw. I can draw doe deer, cow elk (planning to go to Boulder or a Fish lake depending on the groups decision) and pronghorn this year if I want so I may hold off pronghorn til next year.