pack identification

jjgaw

May 1, 2018
hello all,

Can anyone on here help me identify the brand/maker of this frame pack? I am looking at buying it off of an individual and they do not know what brand it is (they are not a hunter). If you can ID it, can you tell me if it is any good. The seller is not asking much for it. But i still dont want to buy a piece of junk. Thanks in advance

pack.jpg

Attachments

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The pictures are way too small to really tell.

If it is a good price buy it. If you want to check it out get some 1/2 gallon jugs and fill them with water. Then take some old clothes and stuff them into the pack, some on the bottom and then a water jug, then some more clothes and another water just to the point that it is close in weight to what you plan on packing with it. Then throw it up onto your shoulders, lock in on and walk around a little. You will quickly know if it is something that you don't mind on your back packing something out or in.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
With that frame, you will likely be able to haul out bone in quarters. Check for rub points on the belt, shoulder adjustment, and of course make sure it doesn't feel like it's about to destroy your shoulders.

jjgaw

May 1, 2018
Someone on another forum identified it. Older model Cabela’s Alaskan freighter frame pack. I think I’m going to buy it. At $40, why not!