OTC Elk Help

HuntinFool

Feb 24, 2011
Utah
I hate to be this guy, but I am in need of some advice. Due to highschool with 3 classes being college classes and working 40 hours a week I have been unable to get out scouting for my elk hunt. I normally hunt spikes over by Strawberry with my cousins and uncles, but due to my time constraints this year I won't be able to do that. I will be limited to short hunts after school or maybe one day on the weekends if I can trade shifts around. I live in Kamas, so it would have to be somewhere somewhat close to that. Here comes the classic line "I am not looking for honey holes, just general areas." Thank in advance for any advice you guys may have.

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
Hey hunting fool, your actually very close to some very good elk hunting. I was into them every day last year while hunting during the Jr elk hunt with my buddies kid. I will send you a PM and you too Muleys 24/7. Don't remember you asking for this info earlier, but I'm very busy and don't have the time to look at every question on this forum, so I could have missed it, sorry brother. I have learned it helps to know how to speak Spanish in Utah. I learned most of my good elk spots from talking to the Shepherds. These guys are living in the mountains all summer and into fall, while they tend to the sheep!!! Only draw back they only speak Spanish. Oh, by the way don't call them "Sheep herders," from experience that's an insult and will only piss them off, lol.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Hey hunting fool, your actually very close to some very good elk hunting. I was into them every day last year while hunting during the Jr elk hunt with my buddies kid. I will send you a PM and you too Muleys 24/7. Don't remember you asking for this info earlier, but I'm very busy and don't have the time to look at every question on this forum, so I could have missed it, sorry brother. I have learned it helps to know how to speak Spanish in Utah. I learned most of my good elk spots from talking to the Shepherds. These guys are living in the mountains all summer and into fall, while they tend to the sheep!!! Only draw back they only speak Spanish. Oh, by the way don't call them "Sheep herders," from experience that's an insult and will only piss them off, lol.
I was refering to another ? I had about UT deer..... thanks anyways

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Huntinfool, head up Mirror Lake Hwy, stay high, the elk are still up high right now. Get off the beaten path away from the people and you may get some bulls bugling still on opening day. My kid has his first tag this year and I think I am more excited than he is. Good luck.