Oregon wolves

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
The last sentence in the article speaks volumes to me on what I feel is the biggest threat to hunting, "The state is in the process of deciding whether wolves should remain on the endangered list. A decision is expected as early as this fall.” I think whatever way the unnatural death happened to the wolves it could have perhaps been someone fed up with the slow process of the legal system and all the red tape of it all. That action might have taken out a couple wolves but sadly I think that’s just the tip of the iceberg on the real issues unless we can win more battles or more political rulings and use the legal system to our advantage.

The anti hunting groups have become experts on using politics, bills and such to create tools for their cause like using the endangered species act to fight against hunting. It’s what they do best. They don’t enhance habitat, raise money for any kind of conservation or habitat enhancements or studies in the aid of conservation or its support. But they do very well in getting changes made on the political front to help their cause to cease hunting or cause difficulty for hunters and our Fish and Wildlife folks to maintain the proper carrying capacities. The real fight and whether or not hunting as we know it or want it to be is going to be fought or lost in the political arena. It’s not going to go away all at once perhaps but they are doing a good job at chipping away at it bit by bit in every state.

Most hunters would rather help by being outside to help create better habitat or donating money to create better habitat for the conservation of our wildlife but the front line is going to be fought in politics folks.

Last edited:

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
how in the heck did they injest that lead???odfw better spend even more money investigating that one.