Oregon Spring Bear 2012

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Nice! Man I love that canyon country. I'm not much into eating bears but I've considered spring bear hunting just to have a reason to get over there and hunt. I'm sure I could find someone to eat the thing! Congrats on your bear, looks like a good time.

Spring bear hunting is a blast to get out and do something in the mountains. Plus as a bonus there are plenty of deer and elk out and visible in the open to appease your appetite for glassing. Bear meat makes great pepperoni and sausage if you are into that sort of thing. I wont touch elk pepperoni or deer pepperoni anymore after eating a few bears.

Tenmilestyle

Jan 9, 2012
Winston,Oregon
Cool! I ingnored bear hunting for a long time. only getting them on chance. Not anymore,the last 7 seasons i have enjoyed the great hunt they offer in the spring and love it!

Wild Country

Jan 29, 2012
OR
Thanks for sharing and making me feel worse for my spring bear hunt in Hells Canyon. I made three trips over the shortestes being three days and did not manage to fill my tag. Great looking bear and its never too late to post pics. I have been MIA for awhile and am going to post some myself now! Good luck next year too!