Oregon Coast Spring Bear 2013

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
I was able to fill my spring bear tag a few days ago so I figured I should post a few pics....

I was getting a little anxious due to only seeing one bear so far in 6 weeks of hunting but I still hunted within 50 yards of this guy the other evening and he filled the bill nicely. Not the biggest boar I've killed by any means but probably the oldest judging by tooth wear....and how tough the stew meat is. :p

Beautiful jet black hide.....

And I was happy to kill another one with the old Winchester.

Good luck to anybody still after a spring bear!

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
Thanks guys! It was fun but I'm dying for something to hunt now.....wife and I are about to head out and try and photograph a bear or two. :)

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
Thanks guys. I've been on a pretty good streak with spring bears. I think putting my old 30-30 back into action brought some good karma......for me, not the bears! :)

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
I've always wanted a lever action 30-30, I've just never owned one. It would be the perfect gun in alot of my hunting situations. Maybe someday I will get one, seeing your success makes me want one even more.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I always look forward to seeing your spring bears and the old gun by their side, thanks for shring this years picture

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
I've always wanted a lever action 30-30, I've just never owned one. It would be the perfect gun in alot of my hunting situations. Maybe someday I will get one, seeing your success makes me want one even more.
My dad bought me this rifle when I was 12. I used it a couple seasons and killed my first two bucks with it but hadn't used it again until a few years ago when I decided to put it back into action. I researched scope options and ended up with the Scout scope (only real option for a top eject Model 94) and couldn't be happier. I tried once to post some more success pics but got the wrong ones so here goes again....you've probably seen all these but just in case.

These are some of the one shot kills since getting the 30-30 back into action.