Oregon’s Latest Stupidity

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
the dumber the population the dumber the people/shit they vote for .

this is what happens when libs gain power. all smart people are aware of this.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Did you guys actually research this or did you just go with the headline and shake your heads because it feeds into what you already believe? They're not ending proficiency standards. They're ending the use of existing standardized tests that the educators themselves don't believe accurately measure students' proficiencies. They want to replace them with something that does, which they will do in 2022.

WHAT THE MEASURE DOES: Requires Department of Education to review high school graduation requirements for all high school diploma options. Establishes criteria for review. Suspends essential learning skills graduation requirement for 2021-2022 school year and 2022-2023 school year. Requires submission of report and recommendations to legislative committees by September 1, 2022. Prohibits State Board of Education from requiring students who successfully complete credit requirements to show proficiency in any other skill or academic content area beginning with the 2023-2024 school year. Declares emergency, effective on passage.

EFFECT OF AMENDMENT: Extends review to all high school diploma options in Oregon. Modifies review, engagement, and reporting requirements. BACKGROUND: State law currently establishes only a portion of the requirements for a high school diploma (math and English language arts credits). The remaining credit requirements, along with additional requirements such as demonstrated proficiency in nine essential skills, education plans, and education profiles, are codified in Oregon Administrative Rule 581-022-2000. Senate Bill 744 A requires the Department of Education to review high school graduation requirements and suspends essential learning skills requirements for two school years, until the Department's report is submitted to the legislature. The measure permanently prevents the State Board of Education from requiring students who have completed their required coursework to demonstrate proficiency in any other skill or academic content area beginning with the 2023-2024 school year.

"Essential Learning Skills" is an actual codified requirement. It's not a general noun, it's a specific assessment that has been shown to discriminate against minorities and low-income students. From a better article:

"According to the bill's language, the state's Department of Education is directed to develop its new graduation standards with input from representatives for 'historically underserved students,' such as those with disabilities, those who are from immigrant or refugee populations or 'racial or ethnic groups that have historically experienced academic disparities.' "

Things this bill does not do:
1. Tell kids they aren't worth educating (it does precisely the opposite)
2. Make China or Russia laugh
3. Dumb down America
4. Not require kids to "know stuff".

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Easy now. Thats a pretty broad statement

that's pretty derogative towards women folk.🤪:ROFLMAO: I'd even bet some uggs would agree.;)

I'll go a step further and state all humans deserve every bad thing that happens to them.imho.

you all know what you've did. it none o my business . same as I don't feel the need to tell you what I done did. :rolleyes::LOL: