ORDFW Login Problem

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
20 points with a bow is 100%
21 points with a rifle is 100%

Ron Wold is dead on. You will not regret the years, the waiting, or the money once you get in there.

Any seismic activity in Sichuan? How is your humidity and heat right now?
Actually those look like goHunt stats which are one year off. I likely have a 50/50 chance at Mt Emily bow but it only takes one guy to give up on Weneha to bump me. A full point off for the rifle.

Sichuan weather was great 80's until today rainy 60's. So many hot women here! Zero gross Walmart eye pollution like in the US. I'm always depressed when I get back to junk food reality. Forecast sunny 90 this weekend. I've been jogging daily at the HS track but gotta finish by 9 when the kids arrive. Yes I felt a quake my first night here but quiet since. Cracks in my wife's condo walls here from the big one in 2008.

A535D51C-3B99-43CB-8755-1E3832A6DA41.jpg

10EC7DE4-18B8-410C-B88C-8268F17836D5.jpg

Last edited:

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
20 points at 8 bucks a point is 160 bucks plus 3000 in lic fees you could have bought landowner tags in several states.a couple of times.
Actually only ~$1,500 in lic fees but I am not Nostradamus so didn't know NR tags would get slashed 50% and the deer quality would tank. Otherwise no way I'd have bought in. Now it is what it is. Goal now is to burn points and exit ASAP.

Last edited:

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Good luck Zim. Just looked at Point report on ODFW site. NR point savers last year there were (2) with 23 points (4) with 22 points (11) with 21 points and (22) with 20 points. Looks like there are several non res ahead of you that can fall in any time and bump you out.

Joe Schmo

Jan 14, 2017
You could always put in for the other of the big 3... or just keep on keeping on. It’ll happen for you someday.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Zim,
Hang in there and always put in for Mt.Goat, Sheep and Antelope along with your regular Deer and Elk. I know it's an extra 24$, but I thinks it's probably worth a shot at this point.
I actually know of and helped a few different NR that have drawn those tags while waiting on the deer and elk. Good luck

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Good luck Zim. Just looked at Point report on ODFW site. NR point savers last year there were (2) with 23 points (4) with 22 points (11) with 21 points and (22) with 20 points. Looks like there are several non res ahead of you that can fall in any time and bump you out.
Yes well aware of those and they have been falling in along the way the last ten years. But there were a couple times the one preference tag came from my pool, and there were only 2 or 3 of us in there. So I'll just monitor as it goes along. I certainly never count on it. The one thing I really like about the archery is the tag is good for so long, a month. And I can hunt that long. So that should give me a better chance to get my money's worth, and score. If I can draw it.

Last edited:

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Yes well aware of those and they have been falling in along the way the last ten years. But there were a couple times the one preference tag came from my pool, and there were only 2 or 3 of us in there. So I?ll just monitor as it goes along. I certainly never count on it. The one thing I really like about the archery is the tag is good for so long, a month. And I can hunt that long. So that should give me a better chance to get my money?s worth, and score. If I can draw it.
Like I mentioned good luck. I figured you knew where you stood, it seems you do your homework.

Travisitguy

Sep 9, 2014
Bend, Oregon
Bi-Mart is usually my go to place if the web gives me fits. Or sportsmans for that matter if i am on that end of town.

i got my elk tags submitted, still need to get my kid done. planning to hunt the E.Cascade youth elk. 5 months should be plenty of time to smack an elk.

Joe Schmo

Jan 14, 2017
I reckon this is the year I’ll have to cough up hundreds of dollars for a bighorn tag...problems, problems