One last gift

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Well, I received one last gift from my dad that passed away in November. He had won a desert bighorn hunt in Mexico. Obviously he wasn’t able to go, but I was able to take his place. There aren’t even the words that tell you how I feel and how blessed I am for this opportunity. It was a hunt of a lifetime that more than likely wouldn’t have happened otherwise. I took a beautiful ram on the second day of the hunt! Truly amazing. The day I took the ram was exactly 1 year to the date that we found out my dad was sick. I think things in the world work out in weird and incredible ways! Thank you dad....miss ya buddy!

Attachments

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
What a great gift. Your Dad would be pleased for sure.

I lost my Dad 8 years ago and still miss him every day. Dad passed at 94 , we had so many great times together. My last hunt with him was when he was 90, I got him the last elk he killed. Never forget the joy we both got when we eating some great tenderloin from it.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Well, I received one last gift from my dad that passed away in November. He had won a desert bighorn hunt in Mexico. Obviously he wasn’t able to go, but I was able to take his place. There aren’t even the words that tell you how I feel and how blessed I am for this opportunity. It was a hunt of a lifetime that more than likely wouldn’t have happened otherwise. I took a beautiful ram on the second day of the hunt! Truly amazing. The day I took the ram was exactly 1 year to the date that we found out my dad was sick. I think things in the world work out in weird and incredible ways! Thank you dad....miss ya buddy!
Congrats on the ram and what a cool legacy/memory!

Reactions: Muley bound