October 1ST up high in the Mountains or down low in the river bottoms, [WY]???????

BuckeyeDIY

Mar 13, 2011
Little Hocking, Ohio
This is my first Mulie hunt and just wanted some local advice My hunt will be centered around Saratoga (general tag Region D), was out there last september Antelope hunting and saw alot of nice Mulie bucks in the headlights of the truck, up on the mountain and down in the bottoms around town. This year I'll be out there later in the year, and just wondered if its better up high or down low at that time of year, and I just wanted to "chew the fat" about it , cause I can't wait to go. Any info's better than no info.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
I'm not over inthat arrea but I'd say probably somewhere inbetween. If its like the bighorns though it totally depends on the weather. Thats all I got..sorry

jenbickel

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Sheridan, Wyoming
www.facebook.com
I'm not over inthat arrea but I'd say probably somewhere inbetween. If its like the bighorns though it totally depends on the weather. Thats all I got..sorry
^^Not always, I hunt antelope down in Rawlins area which is down there kind of close and there are lots of big bucks in town and then nothing until you get up in the Mountains again. I have never seen a mule deer while I was antelope hunting which is the inbetween area of town and the Mountains but if I got a little higher into the Mountain region I would or if I got right down into town. It's kind of hard to say because a lot of it is going to depend on weather too... and after September, its pretty much extremely unpredictable here.

crumy

Jun 19, 2011
Laramie, WY
@BuckeyeDIY... First let me say "OH" I lived in Grove City, OH for about 20 years before moving out west. Now down to business. I hunt over in the area where you are looking. The bucks are there and you will see plenty of does in the lower elevation but I rarely see anything low during the early part of October. I would go high, be there early and and hang out until the light is gone and do A LOT of glassing. But if we get snow, throw everything I said out of the window and make it up as you go.

crumy

Jun 19, 2011
Laramie, WY
I thought I replied to this but haven't been on in a while. There is a place called the butcher block in Laramie. I use that sometimes