NV MRS complaint

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
I am a huge fan of Eastman's, have subscribed to both magazines over the years, seen all the TV shows and have a stack of DVD's to boot. They have been instrumental in getting information out and helping people who had trouble understanding the draw process in various states get involved.

THAT SAID - NV MRS just arrived today - 1 day before the draw - I stayed up late to read it but cmon. Readers need at minimum a week to digest it - especially when I have similar information from competitors from a month ago.

Second - it doesn't even mention the possibility of NR Mountain Goat tag this year, and there is one, I already applied. Granted it is one unit and the odds stink, but it calls into question all the rest of the information. If that is just being copied and pasted with no re-writes due to HUGELY significant changes in the draw it makes your subscriber base wonder how much of the information is accurate and up to date. I know there are always mistakes, its a huge amount of information to compile, but something that major should at least be mentioned, especially if its coming out well behind EPIC, etc.

Gripe over, I've only been applying for a couple years in NV and blanked the deer draw so fully expect to draw nothing, but still.

robie

Feb 27, 2013
Houston, TX
I was frustrated as well to find it in my mailbox yesterday for a state that is known for crashing the servers if you wait until the last day to apply. I pay for multiple services to have something to crosscheck information with and am glad I do.

Sheep stories were great in the magazine but no reason to have the MRS come out so late.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
The Nv info is Not copy and pasted. We all work very hard to give the MRS as much up to date info as possible. I'm sure Dave and Scott will chime in and clarify. Not all of the hunts that are available are in the Nv MRS.

wa-hunter

Apr 24, 2014
i haven't even gotten mine yet here in washington... good thing i already new what i wanted to put in for in nevada. called the office yesterday and the lady said it got to the printer a bit late.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
a hunter almost needs 2 magazine subscriptions...

I think I'll continue to subscribe to both, but I hear your frustration.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
I still havnt seen my copy yet either,and time has come and passed,,had to bite the bullet and apply for Nevada at the last minute ,{2 hrs to spare}using last years info..not overly pleased but I do understand if it was put in last months issue,it might not be as complete,but partial would have been better than not getting it at all..folks please next year bump it up a month and maybe send a updated portion at last minute if needed.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I apologize on the timeliness guys, our printer had shipping issues beyond our control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
I hope my other resources and research pan out,,i always piece from a number of sources but was hoping I could add my eastmans mrs info at even the last minute to make my most updated choices from the info.A day late and a dollar short.

goinhuntn

Aug 4, 2012
I didn't get my issue until yesterday. I use the MRS section to help me on certain units, but had to use info from other sources.
Needless to say I was disappointed with the late arrival of my issue, also I have an issue with how small some of the printing has
been. I had to use my glasses & a magnifying glass just to read it finally gave up trying to read the small print as it was useless
anyway since the issue was past the Nevada deadline.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Hey guys, I just wanted to apologize one more time. There were issues at the printer that were out of our control.

lostinOregon

Mar 12, 2013
Canby OR
Mine also came on the 25th. Also disappointed not being able to reference the information. I would also ask that if at all possible make the print a bit bigger. At my age, my eyes are not what they used to be. It is getting more and more difficult to read for me.

Rich

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I too understand everyone's frustration, especially with the print size. However, I believe that is where the digital subscription comes in handy. I personally prefer a paper magazine, but times have been changing for the past 10 years and Eastman is now slowly making that transition after accommodating us 'old-style' guys for the past decade.
As far as delivery timing, mine was also late. Hopefully some changes can be made with the print agency to correct said issues in the future.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The magazine was late because of some circumstances at the printer out of our control. I personally apologize and share in your frustration. I wrote the NV MRS and with it not arriving on time a lot of work done doesn't help the people who use it.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I also have the digital subscription and it was a life saver in this situation. This is the first time the regular mags came out late so it's never been an issue in the passed.

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
I also have the digital subscription and it was a life saver in this situation. This is the first time the regular mags came out late so it's never been an issue in the passed.
That is true, this is the first time it has happened in the last 6 years I've been a subscriber.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
well folks even on last years info,,I got struck by lightning and drew 032 non res bighorn sheep..goes to show ,cant get it if ya don't try!!! Im still wondering if im just dreamin,but no,,ive chcked it several times!!!!YEEEE-HAW