NV guys, what are the elk doing?

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
Well here's what the elk are doing! Getting taken down with a RMEF raffle .30-06. Check out the pics!

Hey fellas, I'm heading home over Christmas to help my Lil sis and Dad fill their cow tags. What has the weather been doing to the elk herds? The more central the better. They have area 16 tags. Any info would be appreciated. Its a quick trip gotta get em down, cut up and froze and hit the road. I promise photos [emoji1]

Last edited:

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Not sure about what they are doing in the Monitors but end of Nov over in Ely they were all at the tip top of the mountain, bulls and cows. There's been some weather since but I'm not sure if it's been enough constant weather to push them down for good. Good luck to you and your family!

Last edited:

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I'm l acing for ely this Fri with a cow tag myself. Hope the snow has pushed them down. I don't plan on packing out a cow this year. I only have a day and a half to hunt with the wife and kid so we will be tight to the roads on this trip. Keep the n touch we can swap info.

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
About what I was guessing. That's for the info fellas. It will be put to good use. IKeepItCold, good luck to you too. Know many people in Ely?

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Cows where down about 3/4 down the mountains at least the ones I found. Didn't get it done but had a great time. We did see a ton of antelope and two 180" bucks. No Bulls.

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Very cool! Congrats to your pops! It was freezing here in Reno today, can't imagine what it was like up in the mountains where you were!

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
I'm l acing for ely this Fri with a cow tag myself. Hope the snow has pushed them down. I don't plan on packing out a cow this year. I only have a day and a half to hunt with the wife and kid so we will be tight to the roads on this trip. Keep the n touch we can swap info.
Did you fill your tag? I'm not sure your area but I saw a good herd along hwy 6 west of Ely almost exactly 10 miles from town.