NR Tags Could Get Huge Price Increase

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
In some weird and sadistic way, I bet that makes every single Resident smile....
Dude, seriously, pull your head out of your azz.
You have zero idea how many residents have spoke out against this verbally, and in written form. D bags like you making blanket statements on public forms really make it hard to keep fighting, for you

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Usually a couple of years after the NR tags are increased the residents tags are increased also.

But the writing was on the wall after Wyoming's DWR had to become self sufficient when that law was passed a few years ago.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Dude, seriously, pull your head out of your azz.
You have zero idea how many residents have spoke out against this verbally, and in written form. D bags like you making blanket statements on public forms really make it hard to keep fighting, for you
Ya ok. You're full of shit.

95% of residents (and more specifically your illustrious “task-force”) are more than happy to stick it to us NR’s and have been cheerleading to stick it to us for the last 2 years.

I call a spade a spade. And this is a damn SPADE.

Carry on.

Last edited:

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming

95% of residents (and more specifically your illustrious “task-force”) are more than happy to stick it to us NR’s and have been cheerleading to stick it to us for the last 2 years.

Carry on.
Facts outweigh fiction. Remember when around like 90% of all comments that went on public record with name and town to the G&F opposing NR tag reduction?? They literally posted lists of them on the G&F website for everyone to read. That didn't favor one single resident publicly went on record.

Last edited:

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
The special price for Elk is higher then all other states that I apply in by a lot The regular price seems be a little more then most. I feel this will put more pressure in the regular draw odds.

For me I would only apply in the special draw for elk in one of the top 5-7 elk units.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I am for a price increase....for everyone. I think we should have a higher price for limited quota hunts as residents. Our pricing structure should go up as residents, except for the youth hunters. Keep the general tags the same for the time being but raising the price for a successful limited quota hunt wouldn't bother me at all. As long as the youth price stays the same I haven't met a single resident opposed to that.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
It already cost to much. I am putting in this year with 13 bonus points . Thats 690 bucks in fees for points . Now I gotta pay a Chit load for a tag too. No wonder the common Man can't afford an Outfitter! Plus they are ridiculous for 330 Bulls. I guess Arizona spoils us Res. with Quality!...........BOB!

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
It already cost to much. I am putting in this year with 13 bonus points . Thats 690 bucks in fees for points . Now I gotta pay a Chit load for a tag too. No wonder the common Man can't afford an Outfitter! Plus they are ridiculous for 330 Bulls. I guess Arizona spoils us Res. with Quality!...........BOB!
What does the average bull from az score? No way even 300...

Speaking of quality go ahead and hang all your az bull photos...you must have a broom closet full of booners.

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015

Carry on.
You haven't the first clue.

The task force was the brain child of Ogden Driscoll, a republican legislator from devil's tower. His agenda was to split mule deer and whitetail into 2 tags so his paying customers and outfitter buddy could be assured clients each year.

I know several good people that applied for that task force, some with high profile people letters if recommendation and didn't get positions.

But who did get appointed are half a dozen outfitters, another bunch with ties to outfitters, the director and commission president (huge conflict of interest), and a few that didn't know chit from clay about wildlife and hunting issues.

I can tell you that residents were not happy about the appointments, have been hugely disappointed with the lack of things done to benefit residents, and the way the task force has kicked NRs around with pricing, and changes to the point system.

This task force was simply a wish list place for outfitters present their case for welfare.

The task force also behaved very unprofessionally, shouting down public comments, disregarding important issues, and in at least one case threatened a person who commented with their job. There was also extreme favoritism showed to certain groups, like outfitters and landowners during testimony, while other interests were put on a "timer" during testimony.

Governor Gordon is also to blame as he or his office chose the kangaroo court and did nothing to correct the massive problems with this task force.

From the day they released the members, it was more than blatantly obvious what the agenda was and how it would transpire. There were exactly 2 people on that entire task force that were serious hunters, the rest were there to profit somehow from our resources.

Drawing dead into a made hand, and thankfully some of the more horrific proposals were shot down. Sad that hunters have to battle chit ideas from a wildlife task force, but here we are.

I would suggest taking 5 minutes and commenting on the one question for the November meeting, unless as a NR you want to lose another 10% of your tags to the $1200 pronghorn/deer draw and $2000 elk tags.

Carry on with your "spade"....

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
I don't need to waste my time talking to Mr internet know it all hunter. You try to be the voice of every site out there. I don't bow to anyone. You know it's over priced in Wyoming with or without an outfitter. And You know Arizona Bulls on average are bigger than Wyo. You aint that dumb. Have a great time this fall Where ever You may be..................................BOB!

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I don't need to waste my time talking to Mr internet know it all hunter. You try to be the voice of every site out there. I don't bow to anyone. You know it's over priced in Wyoming with or without an outfitter. And You know Arizona Bulls on average are bigger than Wyo. You aint that dumb. Have a great time this fall Where ever You may be..................................BOB!
I don't agree, I've had 4 rifle bull tags in Arizona since 2010 and I saw lots of dead raghorns and spikes in camps, in the back of trucks, etc.

No way the average bulls in Arizona on the hunts I was on averaged 300...not even close.

Plenty of good areas in Wyoming where 330+ is just as likely as the best tags in Arizona.

• Haha
Reactions: mallardsx2

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I’m not buying your bullshit story BUZZ (even if parts of it may or may not be true). I trust you as much as I trust a venemous snake. Your condescending and venomous posts toward nonresidents regarding hunting in Wyoming have been noted and witnessed by many over the years across a plethora of forums.

Bottom line, regarding the task force, is that it backfired on everyone. But if you had it your way you would use them to their full strength to push your own beliefs/agenda.

So sorry to hear it isn’t working in your (or anyone else’s ) favor.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BuzzH and Naturebob

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I’m not buying your bullshit story BUZZ (even if parts of it may or may not be true). I trust you as much as I trust a venemous snake. Your condescending and venomous posts toward nonresidents regarding hunting in Wyoming have been noted and witnessed by many over the years across a plethora of forums.

Bottom line, regarding the task force, is that it backfired on everyone. But if you had it your way you would use them to their full strength to push your own beliefs/agenda.

So sorry to hear it isn’t working in your (or anyone else’s ) favor.
Believe what you want, but when you find one thing I posted that isn't true, be sure to come back and let us know. There have been a few things that weren't horrific. I think 90-10 passing for the big-5 was a pretty good win for Residents. Getting WWNRT fully funded was another win for all hunters, both R and NR.

The facts are what they are, not saying you have to like them, but you've been told by 2 savvy Residents that have been involved with this task force since day 1, on this very thread.

I've never hidden or denied that my concern will always be for Residents first, just like in every other state. The way it should be, but that doesn't mean that Residents don't advocate for NR hunters on some issues, we sure do. You should be thankful we do, or you'd be hunting your 40 acre deer refuge more and out West a whole lot less.

BTW, I hope you took the same amount of time to comment on the latest task force proposal...which is 100% a NR issue that you should comment on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mallardsx2

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
I don't agree, I've had 4 rifle bull tags in Arizona since 2010 and I saw lots of dead raghorns and spikes in camps, in the back of trucks, etc.

No way the average bulls in Arizona on the hunts I was on averaged 300...not even close.

Plenty of good areas in Wyoming where 330+ is just as likely as the best tags in Arizona.
Maybee You living there and knowing private ,yes I'M sure you could find 330's . The nonres. that doesn't know it can't. I have seen some great pictures of Wyoming Bulls this years. Bet most are on Private or guided. Wyoming has Elk state wide . Arizonais a Desert. I have lived here since 1977 . I think I know it a little better than You Sir. There are a lot of great Bulls from here every year. And Wyoming would not survive without Non Resident Money Like I said Happy hunting, not trying to start a war ,but I know AZ..............................BOB!

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
50% of the tags could go sky high and become the new normal.

imo, they will sell.

might shift the focus off WY only and create more state jumpers?

Reactions: Slugz