NR hunting pressure

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Question for you guys:
With the limited general tags for non residents now, does it appear this action has lowered the pressure in the general season or no? At the rate the general tags sell out, it would appear that the demand is pretty high! So wondering if limiting the tags is actually dispersing the pressure or over crowding issues. I would be interested to see if fish and game or somebody puts out some stats on this over the next couple years.
Again, i wasn’t quick enough on the gun to purchase my general tag, so it’s hopefully drawing a tag to get or trying to get a tag in a different state to get my mountain fix!

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
I didn’t get to do the hunt I have been the last few years. The area we hunted was still full of non residents and some of them were there because they didn’t get the tag they normal do because they drug there feet on buying it. This area has no caps on residents, so there was still a pile of residents there also. In the later whitetail hunts, I definitely seen less non-residents, but with our deer populations down this year, that could’ve been part of it.

Reactions: Muley bound

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
with the covid panic it seems there has been an uptick in pressure for the past couple years as people are afraid to do anything that involves crowds .
prior to the whole covid /sky is falling mentality. I have noticed less pressure then what I saw in the 80s and 90s. more NR running round but fewer and fewer locals .
the younger crowd for the most part just aren't that interested in suffering for food as we were . most of em simply don't want to leave facebook or whatever the new fad is long enough to go kill a deer or an elk.

just hunt where there is no signal and the crowds thin out.

I like to place ,omicron present, signs around the unit to help keep folks away.:ROFLMAO:

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
i didn't notice a difference in Diamond creek. actually seemed like more people and NR than before the limited tags. i am confident that since diamond creek sells out so fast anyways and is literally across the road from Tex creek zone, that people are buying the tex creek zone tag and hunting diamond creek zone. I do not recall the last time i have seen Fish and game in there and those who have hunted the area knows that.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
i didn't notice a difference in Diamond creek. actually seemed like more people and NR than before the limited tags. i am confident that since diamond creek sells out so fast anyways and is literally across the road from Tex creek zone, that people are buying the tex creek zone tag and hunting diamond creek zone. I do not recall the last time i have seen Fish and game in there and those who have hunted the area knows that.
I think that happens a lot, when the boundaries are easy to cross and F&G hasn’t been seen.

Reactions: ivorytip

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I never understood why poachers feel pride when looking at animals they kill out of season or by breaking the law.
what's to be proud of ??????? any fool can break the rules and kill a monster, whatever.

looking at such would just remind me, what a loser I was for not being able to do it legal.
real men don't need to cheat!

Reactions: idcwby