Northern BC Moose Hunt

HayHay98

May 22, 2012
Wyoming
I just booked a last minute cancellation trip to hunt Moose in Northern BC this fall. Hunt dates are 9/12-9/21. I'm curious if anyone has any experience hunting moose in this area (outfitter is based out of Ft. Nelson). I believe the hunt dates are a little on the early side for the rut but I'd like to hear from those of you who have gone during this time. I also purchased a Mtn Caribou license as well in case the opportunity presents itself. Any bits of information would be appreciated including gear to have, travel pointers, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
What outfitter did you book with? I'll be on a multi species hunt out of Ft.Nelson also ,with my primary as moose,elk, goat almost the same dates within a day or two. We should be in the middle of the elk rut and either just starting or into the moose rut towards the last part of our hunts. Pending weather of course.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I've heard of them, I booked with Stone Mountain Safaris, maybe we should meet for a beer in Ft.Nelson? I have to be at the lodge Sept. 11th.

2labs

Jun 1, 2012
NY
Good Luck to both of you, I hunted in that area in 07 and it is Breathtaking there!!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Mine was by far the best adventure I've ever been on. The scenery, people the drive were magnificent. Here's a picture of my bull. image.jpg

HayHay98

May 22, 2012
Wyoming
My hunt was epic!!! Incredible scenery, truly professional guides/outfitter, and fantastic horses. Game was plentiful and high quality. Just an unbelievable adventure.2015-09-15 19.27.29.jpg