Northern Alberta Moose Hunting

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I had a friend hunt there. There’s some nice moose, not real wide moose. I’m thinking average is in the 40s? Nice paddles on them though.

Reactions: Slugz

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
10-4 . That area seems to have really good numbers, just not the width you find in northern BC., Yukon, or the Territories. But that could also be the price difference too!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Slugs, having hunted moose twice in northern BC, the first solo combo hunt and the other was a 2 on 1 hunt with my son. You’ll save some money doing the 2on 1 hunt. I caution you though moose hunting is contagious, I think about doing it again all the time!

Mr Nice

Feb 14, 2020
I've hunted around Athabasca on 4 different occasions, 3 archery and 1 rifle. It is highly contagious for sure! On the archery trips, I never did let an arrow fly but had amazing hunts with many close encounters on 45-50" bulls and 1 60" that was absolutely amazing. My rifle trip ended with shooting the small bull in my pic on the 2nd to last day as it was tough conditions with heavy wolf sign that year. Looking at going back again in the future, I've become good friends with the outfitter and guides over the years.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If you think that moose hunting is additive then you better not ever head over to Africa....

Mr Nice

Feb 14, 2020
Friend of mine is a booking agent with John X and I've come close to pulling the trigger on an Africa trip more than once. I've always talked myself out of it to focus on my goal of 15 of the 29 and the super 10. Currently have 9 of the 15 and 7 of the 10.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just look at it this way, for what you pay for a trip up north if you are required to hire a outfitter you can head over to Africa and hunt a dozen different animals.

Mr Nice

Feb 14, 2020
don't disagree with that statement as you can shoot many different animals, comes down to personal goals. eventually, I think we will make it over there