No-Cam Anyone?

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Anybody out there shooting the new No-cam this year?...I had always shot hoyt and needed to upgrade my bow this year, so i went into the shop expecting to walk out with the new Nitrum...but after shooting them both side by side over and over..i switched it up and am very happy with my Mathews No-cam that I will be shooting for years to come. The Nitrum is a great bow, but for me, the moment i pulled the no-cam back it was an immediate difference in how smooth it was from beginning to end. It just felt like a more comfortable bow for me to shoot, and not being brand loyal, I made the switch and cant wait for fall!! just thought i would see if anyone else picked one up..I am truly amazed at how much I love this bow so far!

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Congrats on the new bow. I have not shot the new No-Cam, however I made a similar switch from Hoyt to Mathews several years back. In a side by side comparison the Mathews had a smoother draw and rollover. Since I've switched I've tested other brand new Hoyts cause they look cool but they still just aren't the bow for me. Hope you break your new bow in soon.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I have drawn one back and like the weight and balance of the no-cam. I am just having a hard time letting go of my Z7!!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I have drawn one back and like the weight and balance of the no-cam. I am just having a hard time letting go of my Z7!!
Thats what I'm shooting too and plan too for quite a while. At the time it came out, I liked it the best compared to what hoyt and bowtech were offering (only slightly better though). Shot a High Country prior to that.

JLW66

Dec 16, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I took mine out for the first time last week, first time shooting the bow this year. So far I am very happy with the results. Worked my way to 60 yds without alot of tuning. Smooth and forgiving. Good luck with yours. I have been shooting the Creed and Creed XS before I got this No-Cam.

Last edited:

kcaves

Jun 3, 2011
wyoming
I personally went the other way, I shot the no cam and the nitrum and the nitrum 34 was a better fit for me, but I'm also 6'4" so a bigger bow is also going to fit me better. The way the no cam drew back was weird to me, I'm sure it's something you would have to get used to

sodaksooner

Jul 7, 2014
Shot Mathews for years. No issues with them but went with Prime last year. Love my Alloy. However I was in the shop yesterday and picked up an HTR. The balance was about perfect(barebow) so if you are careful with what you put on it, i would think it would be a great bow with not a lot of added weight. The target bow has really caught my eye, but the $1600 price tag hasn't.

Mark

Jun 30, 2013
So Cal
I purchased the HTR No Cam in February. The draw cycle, although different than a camed bow, was so smooth. The shot cycle was also amazing. No report. So smooth and quiet. I It took me a bit to get used to shooting the bow and I wasn't entirely happy with my groupings at first but once I settled in and got acquainted with the HTR I can't imagine shooting anything else. I practice out to 80yds and it's dead on. The biggest thing I noticed is my broadheads required zero tuning. The straight knock travel seems to be the reason for this but I'm not 100% sure why.....it just shoots so consistently and smooth.

There's been a lot of chatter about the lack of speed but I don't find it to be that drastic or an issue. It's so quiet I think it would more than make up for the minor reduction is speed by not startling the animal. I bet Mathews comes out with some RockMods for the HTR next year that add speed.....just my guess. I got the 70lb bow but it shoots so smooth I bet you could go with the 80lb and make up the lost 10 or so FPS. One of the best purchases I've made in years and haven't looked back.

meat hunter

Jan 23, 2015
east central mn
All I can say is to bring your current setup to a shop and shoot yours, then shoot the no cam and compare them. Edit also is quiet. No noise. Getting high 260's with 28 inch at 70 lbs.

Last edited:

westenvy

Jun 3, 2011
Parker, CO
I purchased one and absolutely love it. I get comments all the time at the range on how quiet it is. It is a great shooting bow. I have extended my range with it. Can't wait to get it in the woods this fall.