Nikon Monarch or Vortex Viper HD

MTDREN

Feb 23, 2011
I am looking for some new binoculars, I can't decide between the Monarchs 10x42 or Viper HD 10x42, what are your thoughts. I can get a pair of refurbished Monarchs for $250.00

Skybuster1329

Feb 21, 2011
Oregon City, OR
I wasn't a fan of the Monarchs. I had them for a year. The were alright. I really like my Cabela's Euros. I think people on here are going to start thinking I'm a sales rep for cabelas, but I think these Bino's are really good for the price you have to pay (799)....

indianw

Mar 2, 2011
Elverta, Ca
I went to sportsman's to buy the monarchs the salesman said lets go out side and look thru them he also said try these which were the vortex vipers the vortex at long range were clearer for me so I bought them.

3rd Lung

Mar 2, 2011
Idaho
Vortex has the best warranty in the business. I bought a pair of Razors and cracked one of the eye piece barrels. Got back from my elk hunt, called Vortex, told them I had a Mule deer hunt in 2 weeks and I needed a new pair. They didn't even skip a beat. They told me as soon as mine show up there they would have a new pair out as fast as possible. Got my new pair with days to spare before my hunt.

If its that close of a decision, I've heard the HD Vipers are close to the old Razors for clarity, you might as well go with the better warranty. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Archer32

Feb 22, 2011
SoDak
Vortex has the best warranty in the business. I bought a pair of Razors and cracked one of the eye piece barrels. Got back from my elk hunt, called Vortex, told them I had a Mule deer hunt in 2 weeks and I needed a new pair. They didn't even skip a beat. They told me as soon as mine show up there they would have a new pair out as fast as possible. Got my new pair with days to spare before my hunt.

If its that close of a decision, I've heard the HD Vipers are close to the old Razors for clarity, you might as well go with the better warranty. I promise, you won't be disappointed.
I was in a similar situation when one of my barrels fogged up on a hunt. Had the razors for 3yrs and took a lot of abuse prior to this and they didn't skip a beat and got a brand new pair of Razors to my door in under a week. Great customer service! I've had the Razors since they came out and really like them. Got my wife a pair of Fury's and they are very compact and razor sharp (8 power). Still like my Razor 10 powers for open country. I have had the Nomad spotter since its inception and its been flawless. Great company and they'll bend over backwards for you. They're also mountable to tripods. I use that feature quite a bit.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
Something to consider. Leupold has one of the best warrantees on the market. The Cascade 10x42 camos went on sale from 349 to 249.99 at Cabelas online recently.