Nice TN buck

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Just finished up this deer yesterday. He is a late October buck with a gorgeous cape and sweet rack.

If I remember the story correctly; the hunters that brought him to me shot him on a Saturday morning but lost trail of him by mid morning. They called in a dog from KY and later that afternoon they started tracking, the dog was on the trail for a couple miles and looped back around to the same general area the deer was shot in. The dog kept going to the river bank but they couldn't find anything (no blood, tracks, nothing). The gave up later that evening, thinking that the deer lived. Well as most responsible hunters would do that gave it one more try on Sunday after church. They got in a boat to drive up and down the river looking on the banks to see if they could find any type of sign. When they got to their property and the same general spot the dog kept pointing to they noticed something in a brush top. It was the buck! That dog was spot on but they couldnt see the deer from the bank. I was a little nervous that the cape was no good but actually the river was its saving grace, it kept it cool enough to no spoil.

Tall brows.

Notice the drop off his main beam.

Mass carried all the way to his tips.