Nice close to the season!

SwanSlayer

Oct 6, 2016
Loveland, CO
Only made it out in the field a few days this year, but to say the finale was a good one would be a vast understatement. Got a friend out for the first time this year and between three of us, we got a limit. The more memorable moment would be seeing my old hunting dog make it out for what could be one of his final hunts. Haven't gotten my old pup out on the water for a few years due to his deteriorating physical condition, but he was a champ to say the least. I took him for any land retrieve and he ended up getting the majority of the bird in the water. Needless to say, he was plum tuckered out at the end of a short morning!

Resized_20170214_142940.jpg Resized_20170212_110547.jpg

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I recently went thru retiring a dog, tough deal. Had Molly for almost 14 years and was my blind companion for 12 . Recently got a new pup and she is going to be a go getter. God made black dogs to be blind companions, friends and retrievers and did a great job doing it!

mOLLY & GEESE ii.jpgmOLLY.jpgJenny 4 and one half months.jpg

SwanSlayer

Oct 6, 2016
Loveland, CO
Pretty good lookin' pups! As you said, always a tough deal to no longer have them by your side in the blind. Looks like you'll have another pretty good companion though.