New York (soon to be Kentucky) Intro

k5hunter

Apr 10, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I will get right to it: I was born and raised in Alabama, graduated from Auburn University but am an Alabama fan. I tell my wife I went to Auburn to meet her, but it was really just closer to my family farm where I was able to go hunt before and after class than Tuscaloosa was.

I joined the Army National Guard at age 17 and have 13 years in now. I use the weekends I fly back to Alabama for military duty to hunt and scout depending on what time of the year it is. I am an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician (EOD) and have deployed to the middle east.

I took a job that brought me to Brooklyn NY back in 2013 and after 3 long years have gotten a transfer to KY. I was lucky to meet a like minded individual here in Brooklyn and he got me into the hunting scene in NJ. I have had fun here but am ready to move on.

I have two kids, a 3 year old boy and a 7 month old girl. I don't get as much time to hunt as I used to but the trade off is well worth it. I am starting to assemble my hunting gear for western hunts and will hopefully be going to WY this year. The majority of my questions at this point are gear related and hopefully some will share their pack load out with me in the near future, DIY backpack hunting. I have been a member a while just reading posts and learning and wanted to introduce myself as I will be seeking advice in the future. I have received help from one member already through PM's and I am very grateful, this site is great! Thanks everyone,

Jarod