New Vortex Razor HD

Mt-thomas

Feb 21, 2011
Stevensville, MT
I'm looking to purchase some new binos.
I've been looking at those new vortex, razors in
Hd. I've seen where they retail at $1200?
Are they worth that price? I'm thinkin I should
Just buy swarovski instead. What do you guys
Think?

Attachments

THEBUGLER

Feb 21, 2011
Idaho
www.elk101.com
+1 Skybuster! I love my ($799) Cabelas Euro's also. My hunting partner has the Vortex binos and they are nice, but my Euro's will compete with the Swaro SLC's any day. Cabelas warranty on these binos is "lifetime" and any time Ive had issues with anything purchased there, they have always made it right. But if I were to spend 1200 bucks......Id get the Swaro's. Great Binos!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mt-thomas

Feb 21, 2011
Stevensville, MT
Thanks guys this is good information! I did some research on the Cabelas Euro's wow They have alot of good reviews. I'm thinking ill go with the Cabelas Euro's. Have any of you guys used the 2X doubler with the Cabelas Euro's, does it work good? Thanks again

Shane

Feb 21, 2011
Montana
Have you looked into any of the nikon optics. I have a pair of their Monarch ATB and for the $350 I have been very impressed. I have friends that have spent way more on Zeis and Swaro and for the price difference I don't that much of a difference in the optic.

Mt-thomas

Feb 21, 2011
Stevensville, MT
Shane i have a buddy that uses the Monarch ATB, there a great bino i agree. my plan is to compare the Cabelas Euro's, Swaro. If I end up likeing the Swaro alot more i guess ill have to save money. Thanks for all the good info guys

Gman

Mar 3, 2011
Front Range, CO
If I were you in your budget I'd look at the Monarch X. They can be found for much lower than their retail price. This past fall I compared my new Leica 10x42s ultravids to my buddy's Monarch X's in comparable power. They are great glass for the money and very light. I'm still saying the Leicas are better but there's a part of me that thinks this may be overcompensation for the substantially higher price tag. They have to be better right? I think the Monarch X's can be had in the $350 range with the right deal. Up to $500 I think they're still a great deal.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I found my Leupold 10x50 Olympics on ebay new in the box for $250 and have been very impressed with them. They only weigh 26oz and the clarity and light gathering are as good as I've seen under $550. I still want to find a good used set of 10x42 Zeiss classics someday, these are nice but I love those binoculars. I like the old style rubber eyepiece better than the new spin-up ones.

3rd Lung

Mar 2, 2011
Idaho
I have a pair of Vortex Razors and I'm looking to up grade to the new HD Razors.
My buddy bought a pair of Euros about 3 years ago. We had to compare all of our binos side by side. We had my Razors, his Euros, and another buddy brougth his Swarovski SLC. The Swaro's definatly had the other 2 beat for clarity and edge to edge clearness. The other 2 were pretty close to the same.
PM me if you're interested in some Razors.

DropCamp

Mar 10, 2011
Wisconsin
I'll put a plug in for the Vortex, then again, I'm a mid western WT hunter. The light gathering abilities of the Vortex in relation to the price is superb.

Mt-thomas

Feb 21, 2011
Stevensville, MT
well guys i went to Bass Pro in Denver yesterday not expecting to buy Binos... I compared the Vortex Razors HD 10-42 with the Swarovski EL 10-42, and for a $1000 i couldnt see that much of a difference. So I bought the Vortex Razors HD 10-42. I thought the Swarovski's may have been alittle bit better; but not for a $1000 more it was an easy choice.