New to Wyoming

BrotherC

Feb 5, 2022
Hey everyone, new transplant to Wyoming (Laramie) from Western North Carolina. I'm looking for some folks who might be interested in catching the last 2 months of small game season, any advice on areas to head for squirrel and rabbit is appreciated as well! Thanks in advance and happy hunting!

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Welcome!!! Haven’t hunted small game in a long time, but what I remember it won’t be to hard to figure out and I’m over west side and have never hunted around Laramie, so won’t be to much help, good luck !!

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Welcome to the forum! You can go north aways and hit up the sage brush country for rabbits.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Used to be quite a few rabbits between Laramie and Cheyenne. Haven't hunted up there in quite a few years but guessing they are still there.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
We have cotton tails in most places and snow shoes in the mountains. We don't have a lot of squirrels unless you go to cities, but there off limits. There are fox squirrels in the mountains but they're pretty small. I heard they taste like pine trees.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
We have cotton tails in most places and snow shoes in the mountains. We don't have a lot of squirrels unless you go to cities, but there off limits. There are fox squirrels in the mountains but they're pretty small. I heard they taste like pine trees.
Those little mountain squirrels are actually pretty good if you pressure cook them and then use the meat for a dish. Tons of work for a little meat but fun to hunt them. We used to use pellet guns.

Reactions: Maxhunter

memtb

Welcome to Wyoming! I you can enjoy what our state has to offer......Freedom! May we forever have the ability to hunt, and provide a better way of life for our children and maintain some of the lowest crime statistics in the US! memtb