New to forum

Dearhunter3450

Feb 13, 2014
Upstate New York
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeff and I am from Upstate NY. I am planning my first western hunt for 2014. Found some private land in Wyoming Antelope area 24, region c deer in Wyoming. I hope to take a mule deer as well as antelope. I am told I will be hooked on hunting the west after my trip. Have learned a lot of info from previous posts and hope to have a success story for you guys in the fall. Forum looks very informative and I am glad I found it.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeff and I am from Upstate NY. I am planning my first western hunt for 2014. Found some private land in Wyoming Antelope area 24, region c deer in Wyoming. I hope to take a mule deer as well as antelope. I am told I will be hooked on hunting the west after my trip. Have learned a lot of info from previous posts and hope to have a success story for you guys in the fall. Forum looks very informative and I am glad I found it.
Glad you made it here! We would love to see your success story!

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Welcome to EF! You will definitely be hooked on western hunting after your hunt! I think unit 24 antelope is unit 21 deer and is in region B not C. Best to double check before you apply. Good Luck!

Dearhunter3450

Feb 13, 2014
Upstate New York
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And musket man you are absolutely right, that is B, thank you very much. I thought I had this figured out but i was obviously very wrong!! Does anyone know draw odds for general region tag? Thanks again guys.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
It can be a bit confusing with different unit numbers for eacg species. You can look at the NR odds on the WY site. Last year C could be drawn 1st choice in the reg draw but 2nd choice was only about 25%, and B could easily be drawn any choice and had a bunch of tags left over after the draw.