New permission gained

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I just received permission on the field out my office window. It is used heavily in the fall by Canada Geese and in the spring by snows... pretty excited but now trying to plan blind locations. There is a large public marsh on the north end and a fence line on the east with decent terrain change and brush along the fence line. Any advice on blind location?

Here is the satellite view of the field- the one immediately north of the blue dot.

Here is a picture from my office from last spring.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
My wife sure does like the idea of us hunting so close to home. She will be able to hear the shots if she stands on the patio lol.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Is it in corn this year? If so, I'd just hunt it with layout blinds. Less impact to the field, and you can move around to where ever the geese are preferring to feed.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Is it in corn this year? If so, I'd just hunt it with layout blinds. Less impact to the field, and you can move around to where ever the geese are preferring to feed.
It is in corn again. I was leaning that direction but those pit blinds sure are comfy. Either way I will need to spend a little money as I don't have either. I think in the end I would get more use out of the layout blinds.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
It is in corn again. I was leaning that direction but those pit blinds sure are comfy. Either way I will need to spend a little money as I don't have either. I think in the end I would get more use out of the layout blinds.
Order a few of these layout blinds and be done with it. Would be the heck out of digging a pit.
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/hunting/blinds/layout-blinds/new-rogers-goosebusters-layout-blind-in-kw-1.html

They're even waterproof (to an extent, we've hunted them in very shallow water, and stayed dry)

cntryep3614

Jul 5, 2015
Newark Ohio
Snow's look like a fun time, Don't see them around my house so its a big deal if someone gets one! but I went to North Dakota 3 years ago and witnessed a white out from the road.... very loud, and flat out unreal how many birds must have been there.

Apr 17, 2015
Colorado
I second the Rogers goose buster blinds. Get the extra lumbar pads too. Old, fat guys especially appreciate them. I swore I would never own a layout with pins but these setup and take down with ease. They're not ideal for walking in though. Don't get the XL size unless you think you can hide a condominium. Of the three blinds I own, and several others that I've used, the Rogers by far my favorite. Get snow covers too! None of that white bedsheet or spray snow b.s.!