New pack wanted

jimss

Jun 10, 2012
I use and abuse a kifaru duplex frame with emr2 bag. It may a little more than an ultralight but it’s so comfortable I hardly know it’s on my back. I can cinch down small loads when scouting or pack out bulky 100 lb loads.

I wouldn’t worry about the weight of a pack! I can pretty much guarantee my body will be a lot sorer and tired at the end of a long day with a 40 lb load in an uncomfortable load in a 4 lb pack that is only designed for 30 lb loads than a 60 lb load with my kifaru!!!

Reactions: Slugz

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Give the Vapor series from Eberlestock a serious look. I apologize for not catching this earlier, but Brandon and I got to test this series of pack this year. With the tall Mainframe it worked well.
093E4EC3-6A49-4CF8-AA3B-5DBB4932D3C7.jpeg

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Just ordered the F1 with the 2500 vapor. I really wanted the batwings with my single day lightweight style but settled for the 2500. Hopefully ill like it

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I think you will, let me know if you have any questions. You won't regret it if you add the Batwings or even their load carriage system for an all around use pack either. It's like legos, get what you want as you experiment.

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
I just hope it’s comfortable. I used the badlands 2200 last year and it hurt my back even without meat in it

BrandonA

Feb 2, 2022
I seriously LOVE my new AKEK hunting backpack! Has more features than most and it's lightweight. AKEK is a new contender in the market but the quality is just as good as the KUIU I tried and they offer a lifetime warranty.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
I seriously LOVE my new AKEK hunting backpack! Has more features than most and it's lightweight. AKEK is a new contender in the market but the quality is just as good as the KUIU I tried and they offer a lifetime warranty.
Never heard of these? where are they made?

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I just hope it’s comfortable. I used the badlands 2200 last year and it hurt my back even without meat in it
Was it an old style or new style 2200?

My old one hurts the new style medium size fits extremely well and hauls great.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I will be using the Vapor Series packs myself this year.
The frame fits me very well. I have not packed a heavy load with yet but I have high hopes and I think it is going to feel comfortable doing so.

Last edited:

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
My F1 is the most comfortable pack that I own. I have the batwings, and have only added the "duffle" that I can zip on it. My hunting partner used the F1 for our last pack in elk hunt, and he had the 7500 VAPOR. That bag is huge, and he stuffed it full of things that he didn't need. So, I am thinking that the 5000 might be on my list before the next hunt. I have yet to pack a critter out on one.