New Member in Nevada

Av8rPaul

Oct 4, 2015
Douglas County, NV
Hello all,

Been lurking and reading these forums for a little while. Moved to Nevada about 2 1/2 years ago, and am finally getting around to hunting again. Lived most of my life in Alaska, hunting and fishing primarily in the southwest and southcentral parts of that state. This Nevada high desert thing is an entirely new thing to me. Planning on entering the 2016 draws for mule deer and elk, I like the idea of a late season hunt because I function better at the freezing level better than 90 degrees.

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
Welcome. I'm not from Nevada, but if you have any questions many guys here are and most are willing to answer any questions, They'll steer you right. Any photos from Alaska?

Av8rPaul

Oct 4, 2015
Douglas County, NV
Thanks really enjoy learning about hunting the high country a lot different than moose and caribou! No more boat hunting or fly in stuff.

I drive an airliner over the state all the time but kinda hard to scout from 38,000 ft. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonGNV

Very Active Member
Jul 17, 2013
Smith
Oh boy, another a NV guy. I'm right around the corner from you. So, have you heard of the the NV black near hunt? Welcome aboard.

Av8rPaul

Oct 4, 2015
Douglas County, NV
Oh boy, another a NV guy. I'm right around the corner from you. So, have you heard of the the NV black near hunt? Welcome aboard.
Yeah I am hearing of that. In fact my wife called me a week ago when I was traveling, she had a visitor...a 300 lb black bear IN our kitchen. Pushed the door in and made himself to home. He was trapped later that day and will no longer be a nuisance to anyone.