New from Oregon

Three Dogs

Dec 28, 2020
Hello from Oregon. Thought I'd get involved in the community since I'll be hunting alone a lot more now. My son is heading into the Marines. He's a 4 point student, a saxophone player, a wrestler; he could get a free ride anywhere, but he just has that urge to go DO something. So I'll be on my own for at least the next few years.

We're mostly deer hunters in this family, but we've taken a couple elk with good draw tags and some luck - not so much skill.

I consider my self a good rifle blacktail hunter, not quite excellent, but close to it. After several years of failure with a drunk brother in law showing me how to hunt, I started going alone, and figured it out, nearly ten years ago. We rarely go without filling the freezer now.

Looking forward to learning more and giving what advice I can.

Reactions: idcwby

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
Welcome, not many Blacktail hunters here. I used live to hunt them. The burns last summer should really help where I used to hunt. It had grown over so bad it wasn’t good anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Three Dogs

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
Welcome to the forum Three Dogs. Best of luck to your son as he begins his military career. For a short period of time I stayed in in the La Grande area along time ago. Never did any hunting during my time there just some fishing, very beautiful country out there.

Reactions: Three Dogs