New Bow Discussion

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Im looking to get back into bowhunting, in doing so I am looking to purchase a new bow yet this summer. Im curious what everyones feedback with the current bows on the market. I have shot PSE in the past, but Im due for an update. Ive been doing my research but am curious what others views are. TIA for the feedback.

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Go to a archery shop and shoot different manufactures and models, pick the one that's comfortable to YOU. I shoot Martin a friend of mine shoots Hoyt he doesn't like the feel of mine and i don't like the feel of his so pick what fits you.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Solid advice above.

I shot 5 brands before going with my last bow. Wish I had shot 10 to be honest.

idcwby

Very Active Member
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Try a lot of different bows. Don’t be afraid to have the pull weight changed, some shoot different at different poundages. I think the best bang for the buck has been the Bowtech Carbon Icon. I think it has become the Zion now.

87TT

Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
Shoot as many as you can. Then think about it and do it again. Then jump down the rabbit hole and join the addiction.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Like stated go to your local archery shop and shoot the bows. You'll know which one after you shoot it.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Everyone has already said it but be open minded and shoot them all. The last bow I purchased I went to the bow shop and I had it narrowed down to two different bows. The guy at the shop said based on my size and the way I shot, I should try a couple of different ones. Long story short I walked out of that bow shop with a bow I had never really considered and I have never regretted my choice.