New Bill Introduce to Affect DIY Elk Hunters

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
The only thing I hate more than a politician is a fat politician who has "friends" in the guiding business.....

He looks trustworthy. NOT.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I'm not sure if it is part of this bill or not but they want sheep and possibly other hunts to be one tag and you are done.

From what I read if you draw a sheep tag now and don't shoot a sheep you can reapply, they want to change it to just one tag in a lifetime, which it should be.

bigsky2

Mar 9, 2011
I'm not sure if it is part of this bill or not but they want sheep and possibly other hunts to be one tag and you are done.

From what I read if you draw a sheep tag now and don't shoot a sheep you can reapply, they want to change it to just one tag in a lifetime, which it should be.
You can reapply after the 7 year waiting period whether you shot a sheep or not. The same goes for moose and goat.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
This proposed legislation is BS. I don’t have a problem with 1 and done on sheep, but pandering to the outfitter is not right.
If this does pass, I believe it would pop the tag problem in the state. At this point more would drop out than from the simple raising of prices. This could/will have a negative connotation on hotels and restaurants and several other business as well should the outfitter supply all.
The state resident hunters that won’t have a business affected may be fine with it, I don’t know.
I for one am looking into see what I can do.
As a public land advocate, what can/will a larger voice like Eastman do that may help deter/shape the future..

Last edited:

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
This proposed legislation is BS. I don’t have a problem with 1 and done on sheep, but pandering to the outfitter is not right.
If this does pass, I believe it would pop the tag problem in the state. At this point more would drop out than from the simple raising of prices. This could/will have a negative connotation on hotels and restaurants and several other business as well should the outfitter supply all.
The state resident hunters that won’t have a business affected may be fine with it, I don’t know.
I for one am looking into see what I can do.
As a public land advocate, what can/will a larger voice like Eastman do that may help deter/shape the future..
I agree completely with you on this. Could quite possibly have local economic impacts with less people.

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013

I do not care if it is a senator in Washington taking money from foreign powers to that person or their family or friends, or a state of Montana rep introducing a bill to benefit his or her family or friends, politicians this corrupt have no place in our government. As always.....follow the money