Need help!

Roger L

Aug 17, 2011
I'm looking for a guided mule deer hunt in Wyoming. I'm 70 years old, fit as a fiddle(except for last years new hip, which has only slowed me down just a bit) I have 10 points and want to use them on a good hunt, with a good outfitter, in an area with the opportunity to take a quality deer.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I snapped this pic from the wyoming guide and outfitter association magazine. Call a few and see if they hunt any units that you can draw with 10 points. I know some of these guys hunt in general regions that don't take anywhere near 10 points. I have never used a guide for mule deer so don't have personal experience.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Buckbull gave you a good place to start. Google the info on the outfitters on his pic, find out if their hunts are the type of hunt that interests you. Also their web sites should list the units that they hunt. Once you have the hunt unit, you can look on the Wyoming Fish & Game web site (WGFD.WYO.GOV), in the statistics page you can figure out how many points it takes to draw in previous years. You can look back over several years to see how the point creep is, but it is a good idea to look at areas where you can draw with a couple points less than your max. Landowner tags can change all of this, but of course there is a $ price to pay for that. Good luck.