Nebraska Deer


Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
I have access to a large parcel of private land near Harrison NE, I am looking into trying for a nice mule deer, or white tail, the ranch has both. How does the draw process work in Nebraska? Can you buy OTC tags as a non resident? Any help would be appreciated. I looked at the Nebraska game and fish website and i am pretty confused. This would be my first out of state hunt.


Mar 10, 2011
Northeast Nebraska
You can buy a whitetail statewide permit that will allow you to hunt all seasons. Or a statewide buck only that restricks you to firearm season only and will allow you a mule deer as long as you are not in a mule deer conservation area. Or if you want just apply for your unit. I believe you will be able to buy that tag over the counter, just don't hold me to it. Pm me if you want with your phone number and I will try to walk you threw the guide I would be glad too help if I can.


Very Active Member
Feb 25, 2011
Searcy, Arkansas 72143
You have the right spot and the right state for your first out of state hunt. There are 3000 license available for the Pine ridge. I love hunting the Pine Ridge. I don't trophy hunt there any longer. Public land has enough hunters and they shoot anything. I did see some good private land muleys last year and you should be able to take a good deer. My brother and I scouted hard for several days and saw several good bucks. Good luck and post your pictures