ND ducks and geese

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
Here are some pictures from waterfowl hunting this year. The hunting was tremendous in ND this year and I didn't have many chances to get out but when I did, I sure had some great success.

The 2 pictures of snow geese were from 2 different hunts by myself. Ironically they were both on public land. I also got a canvasback the second day of snow goose hunting. I've been wanting to shoot one of those for years as we rarely see them and when one came flying by I almost crapped my pants but luckily shot him first. He is going on the wall. Also had some great mallard hunts this year too.

SAM_0074.jpg
SAM_0093.jpg
IMAG0251.jpg
SAM_0134.jpg
IMAG0257.jpg

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
Congrats.
thats one thing I miss about the lower 48 is the waterfowl and upland hunting.
Lots of fun.
Yea, it is tough to beat. The only problem is that I always want to hunt ducks, geese, deer and go fishing all at the same time. There are never enough days to get it all in!

sethkuhl

May 19, 2011
Superior MT
Yea, it is tough to beat. The only problem is that I always want to hunt ducks, geese, deer and go fishing all at the same time. There are never enough days to get it all in!
Always seems that I should be doing the opposite. Elk hunting and all I hear and see are migrating geese, then go waterfowl hunting and see a nice whitetail while I only have a shotgun loaded with steel 4's jumping ducks

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
That does look fun!! You can tell how much you love it by the big smile you have in all your pictures!!!
It was a blast! That's what I grew up doing so it is fun when I have the chance to get out and shoot some birds.

And just for clarification, there were 3 of us hunting in first picture of ducks, 2 of us in the second picture and then only myself for the 2 snow goose pictures. Everything was legal!!!