My new X2..Awesome pack!!!!!!

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
Well i fnally broke down and spent some coin on a new pack. Bought the new Eberlestock X2 with the butt bucket. Tested the pack out today. Carries my bow very well with the butt bucket. The quick release system works well. Started out with app. 35# in my pack and by the time i got done antler hunting i had close to 48 or 50#. Very comfortable pack. My only complaint is that the hip belt pockets sit behind ur hip which pretty much makes them worthless. grrrr. OVerall, I give it a 4 out of 5. Lost a whole point due to the hip pockets. If only they would have sewed them on 8 inches foward. Dont get me wrong, its a great pack.

miller1

Mar 7, 2011
Michigan
I also have one and im with you on the pockets, i did put my gps and a few other small items in them but wish they were a little bigger, other than that it is an awsome pack and holds more stuff than most packs rated a couple hundred inches bigger.

T43

I love my X2 and I too dislike the hip pockets. I have noticed that if I don't zip them all the way closed they are easier to access and I haven't had anything fall out due to the way they are constructed.

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
Hey guys, glad to hear that you really like your X2. I'm looking at getting either the X2 or J34. Ideally, I'd like to get a pack that could be used to haul in a bunch of gear into the mountains a couple miles and then be able to reduce the pack down a bit to make a good day pack out of it. I'm leaning towards the J34, but am still considering the X2. Soooooo, you guys with the X2, how well do you think you could use it for 4 day hunt in the backcountry? Is the pack big enough to haul in all the necessary gear? Have any of you gotten the duffel attachment to carry more gear? To me, it seems like the X2 would make a better daypack, but the J34 would be better for hauling a lot of gear and hopefully meat...If anyone else has some suggestions, please let me know.

miller1

Mar 7, 2011
Michigan
here is mine with 3 days worth of gear, if i had light weight gear i think i could do a 4 to 5 day if i didnt have to pack cold weather clothes, my sleeping bag is 5lbs on top, now if i shoot somthing i would have to leave my gear to pack out boned out meat, you can pack out a leg quarter with the main compartment full of gear, Eberlestocks website has a pic with a leg quarter in a X2.

Attachments

AZ Hunter

Feb 22, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I love my X2 as well, but it really isn't the best choice for multi-day hunts. You can get a lot of gear in/on it, but you have to be creative and you can't pack out your gear/meat in the same trip. You could easily do a minimalist overnighter with it. The J34 is a better choice for all around function. IMO the Dragonfly is even better, as it has more support and detachable top for waistpack. The Blue Widow is a good choice too, if you don't need the gun scabbard. The downside to these larger packs is the weight. Personally, I cannot carry a lot of weight, so I mostly do day hunts and the X2 is perfect for that. I can pack my essentials, 65mm spotter, tripod, water bladder, Mountain House meals, Jetboil, snacks....and still have plenty of room for clothes I shed thoughout the day. It rides well and compact/close to your back. For the heavy stuff, I use my pack frame.

Rob P

Mar 10, 2011
That x2 does look sweet for a day trip or overnighter. I'd love to get one but can't justify it right now. I also like the blue widow. Too bad I only have one back.

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
Thanks AZHunter, thats kind of what i thought. The X2 still sounds like a great pack though and I still might go with that one. I'll have to look closer at the dragonfly too. Maybe I should just buy both of them!

sea bass

Feb 21, 2011
sourhern Utah
I received my x 2 the other day I love it so far. Went out shed hunting with it rides real well and one thing I noticed is how well it breaths it has the best ventilation system

I have ever tried out.. also my 80 mm angled swarvoski fits in the side pockets.. awesome pack IMO

twp1224

Mar 6, 2011
Central Coast
Has anyone hauled out an animal with the X2 yet? I'm interested to see how the pack handles meat and gear. I went with a J34, so I can haul out a quartered deer and hopefully most of my gear in one trip. +8 miles in makes it hard to make multiple trips in one day.

miller1

Mar 7, 2011
Michigan
look at bowsite.com and search X2, elkreaper loves this pack and has pics of packing elk out with it, eberlestock website also shows it with a elk quarter in one.

S&S Archery

Apr 2, 2011
Boise, ID
www.sandsarchery.com
Has anyone hauled out an animal with the X2 yet? I'm interested to see how the pack handles meat and gear. I went with a J34, so I can haul out a quartered deer and hopefully most of my gear in one trip. +8 miles in makes it hard to make multiple trips in one day.
Aaron, at the end of the Pure Elevation trailer we are using an X2 to haul a 100+ lbs of meat. The X2 is just an awesome versatile little pack. It will take anything you can throw at it.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
Here's a pic with 6 elk antlers strapped on my X2. Also have some gear in the pack. After strapping all that bone on I noticed I forgot to put my spotter in the pouch beforehand. Thats why it is where it is.

GrantMan

Mar 3, 2011
Nevada
Aaron, at the end of the Pure Elevation trailer we are using an X2 to haul a 100+ lbs of meat. The X2 is just an awesome versatile little pack. It will take anything you can throw at it.
Nice trailer! I just bought an X2 from you not to long ago and really like it.