My Dark Continent Hunt Video

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Well, CC's thread about where you would like to be got me to thinking of how much fun I had along with the others over in South Africa 5 long years ago.

We put together a video of the trophy shots and a few others along with our tour of South Africa and posted it onto YouTube.

So if you have 45 or so minutes that you have nothing else to do take a look and enjoy.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I should of said that it is a video of our pictures of our hunts instead of saying just a video.

Some might get the wrong impression and wonder where the actual video of the hunts is at.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
My first impression the first day hunting was that I was hunting elk down in the cedars. I think that most of us see all these safari or African hunting shows out on the plains and out of the hills. Well, where we were hunting it was rolling hills and some steep ones at that.

On my hunt I tried to take pictures from the kill site back to where we either had to stalk the animal or where we were sitting. That is why there are a few pictures in there of just a hill or a canyon that we had to hike up.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Awesome picture slide Jim. Looks like you guys/gals did more than hunt. I love to see the sights and meet new folks anytime I'm traveling.
An African safari was never on my bucket list, but the older I get (I know I'm still young, but some of you got a head start on me!), the more I like the idea. I may have to do this in a few years.
Thanks for sharing!
Can you elaborate on what was going on with the school children? Did you bungee jump? What else did you guys do that maybe was not pictured? Was the hunt fairly simple leaving many days to travel and site-see?

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Great slide show Jim. Love taking as many pictures as I can on my hunt to remember as much of it as I can visually. If I remember correctly I had like 200 photos from my Ontario bear hunt in 2018.

Look like you guys got to enjoy a lot of things and see lots of cool things

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Awesome picture slide Jim. Looks like you guys/gals did more than hunt. I love to see the sights and meet new folks anytime I'm traveling.
An African safari was never on my bucket list, but the older I get (I know I'm still young, but some of you got a head start on me!), the more I like the idea. I may have to do this in a few years.
Thanks for sharing!
Can you elaborate on what was going on with the school children? Did you bungee jump? What else did you guys do that maybe was not pictured? Was the hunt fairly simple leaving many days to travel and site-see?
Our hunt was eight days, however where I was at they don't hunt on Sunday. So that day we did a tour of a National Park where a lot of the pictures of groups of animals came from.

Once we were done hunting we rented a van and took to touring. We did some Segway Scooter riding along with the bungie jump which I left to the younger folks. Then we went on to a great white shark dive. You get into a cage while they chum in the sharks with a large tuna fish head. This was along the southern coast from Port Elizabeth to Capetown. We then headed back east hitting the wine country along with a ostrich farm. We then went into the country of Lesotho which is a country within South Africa. We stayed at a lodge and then took a horseback ride to a remote village where we spent the night before riding back.

As for your age, I turned 62 on the trip, and what a great birthday present I gave to myself. A funny thing about the trip was that a person who I had just talked to a couple of times let me know that he was planning it and I had less than a year to get ready. I met the outfitter in January at the Sportsmans Show in Denver just 5 months before the hunt. It was also amazing how well I got along with the others for that long without really knowing them

Reactions: Bonecollector