My best Cali buck so far...

Graylight

Apr 27, 2011
Southern California
Well, The article is out now and I just got the go ahead to share this on the forums as well as the PDF from the publishers that I can post up the story and pictures for everyone to enjoy! He represents my best Pacific Hybrid to date with archery equipment... You can read the full story here:

http://www.graylightproductions.com/media.html

The story is the first one up top, titled " A Record Day" I hope you like it! I have a couple scores on him, one at 140 and another at 138, so I chose the lower of the two, so I don't say he scores more than he does... I believe he will either net 134 or 136 net according to the measurers that scored him with me. The most impressive aspect of this buck for me is the awesome outside spread on this guy at 25.5"!!! By far the widest hybrid I have ever seen, let alone shot! The score is of course unofficial but he is a great buck and I cannot wait to see what this year holds! Enjoy the story everyone:D I'm not sure but I think he could be a California top 10 typical book buck...DSC00759.jpg

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
That's a great buck. My partner and I were chasing a buck this year that would have grossed around 150 as a 4x3 but we never saw him during the daylight. All our trail cam pics were at night. Hopefully this year.

Graylight

Apr 27, 2011
Southern California
I call this buck a 3X3 with eyeguards which would translate to a 8 point Eastern count. This hybrid is a clean 3X3 with 1.5" G-1's or eyeguards...

The story states a 4X4, however, I was relating to the first buck that was shot prior to this one...

Last edited: