Mule Deer Success Thread!

ando_31

Sep 14, 2012
ND
IMAG0786.jpgIMAG0767.jpg

I was standing next to my 68 year old father watching through my binos when he put this guy on the ground. It green scored at just over 178 gross. Of course we saw another deer he would have rather shot after he already filled his tag, but that is how it goes...

The deer was shot somewhere west of Maine.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
This made my best friends dad Thanks Giving day even Better, his step son took his First buck ever on his first time ever hunting ! Way to go Tonyimage.jpg just goes to show you, it's Never to late to start hunting!

Nimrod Jennings

Nov 27, 2014
Washington, PA.
P1020547.jpgUnit 85 Colorado Mule deer 2014. Shot at 202 yards with 300 win mag. After tagging out on an elk the week before I scouted hard for a good mule deer. I watched this buck for five days before the deer season started. I shot him the first day in the afternoon after he got up from his day bed.

Nimrod Jennings

Nov 27, 2014
Washington, PA.
IMG_1111.jpgMy father shot this big velvet 3x3 in unit 85 of Colorado this year. The rut was starting to come on strong. Every other buck we saw was showing interest in breeding or fighting, this big boy just wandered around feeding. During field dressing I found that his testicles were very under developed otherwise he was perfectly healthy.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
View attachment 11563My father shot this big velvet 3x3 in unit 85 of Colorado this year. The rut was starting to come on strong. Every other buck we saw was showing interest in breeding or fighting, this big boy just wandered around feeding. During field dressing I found that his testicles were very under developed otherwise he was perfectly healthy.
Wonder if he shed every set of antlers in velvet since he couldn't produce the testosterone