Mule Deer Region M

bruisernilssen

Aug 5, 2015
Wisconsin
Is there any resource to get a usable map for Wyoming Mule Deer Region M? I'm interested in obtaining a fairly detailed map of this region as I've never hunted it before and don't want to go somewhere I shouldn't. Thanks in advance.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Using onX does good job as well, just make sure that you have ALL the tiles downloaded ahead of time. I have accidentally missed a tile or two and that was annoying looking for signal on a hunt to get the last couple areas done.

Reactions: bruisernilssen

bruisernilssen

Aug 5, 2015
Wisconsin
Using onX does good job as well, just make sure that you have ALL the tiles downloaded ahead of time. I have accidentally missed a tile or two and that was annoying looking for signal on a hunt to get the last couple areas done.
Thank you. I was really looking for a larger paper map (old school) of the region. Any ideas on that?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Call the BLM offices, ask for the most up to date maps they have. They provide big sections that are good for what has been mentioned above. The only challenge with BLM maps is that they don't update as often as say the County does like mentioned above.

Reactions: bruisernilssen

bruisernilssen

Aug 5, 2015
Wisconsin
Call the BLM offices, ask for the most up to date maps they have. They provide big sections that are good for what has been mentioned above. The only challenge with BLM maps is that they don't update as often as say the County does like mentioned above.
Thanks Scott. Will do.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
You can buy custom maps from Mytopo.com BLM. NF, and regional maps are great for an overview, but it is great to zoom in on the exact area that you are hunting. I haven't moved very far into the digital world and prefer to have a paper map. You can get topo, satellite, different grid overlays (I use UTM), rolled or folded (I prefer folded unless I want to frame it), etc. etc. All for about $20.

bruisernilssen

Aug 5, 2015
Wisconsin
You can buy custom maps from Mytopo.com BLM. NF, and regional maps are great for an overview, but it is great to zoom in on the exact area that you are hunting. I haven't moved very far into the digital world and prefer to have a paper map. You can get topo, satellite, different grid overlays (I use UTM), rolled or folded (I prefer folded unless I want to frame it), etc. etc. All for about $20.
Thanks. I'll check out MyTopo

11C50

Oct 13, 2011
Edgar WI
I have hunted region M many times, the suggestions above are all valid, personally I use both OnX on my phone AND a Garmin GPS with their latest chip uploaded, plus BLM and Forest service maps. Just a word of caution, some of the property owners in the area are VERY touchy about trespassers. Make darn sure you know where you are at all times. Also remember fence lines are not necessarily property lines out there.

bruisernilssen

Aug 5, 2015
Wisconsin
I have hunted region M many times, the suggestions above are all valid, personally I use both OnX on my phone AND a Garmin GPS with their latest chip uploaded, plus BLM and Forest service maps. Just a word of caution, some of the property owners in the area are VERY touchy about trespassers. Make darn sure you know where you are at all times. Also remember fence lines are not necessarily property lines out there.
Thanks for the reply 11C50. Unfortunately we were unsuccessful with the draw.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Some of the property owners will also claim that they lease the State and BLM. Know where you are at all times and be confident in where you are. Don’t let a rancher bluff you off of public land .