Mule deer 128 general tag

JPSeveland

Jun 8, 2014
Cheyenne Wyoming
Been looking into this area for a hunt with my dad this would be region E and by dubois dont know much about this area and even if it would be worth the time to hunt there. Just looking for an area to take my dad. Any info would be great thank you.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
If I were a WY resident I would go for it. E interests me for 2 reasons. 1 there is alot of public land to hunt and 2 it borders some units that are very hard to draw. The only reason I havent hunted E yet is Im not willing to burn my points on it, I cant draw it 2nd choice in the regular draw and Im too cheap to draw it 2nd choice in the special draw.

JPSeveland

Jun 8, 2014
Cheyenne Wyoming
With last years draw results it looks like you could have about a 50% chance of drawing it as a second choice and 100% chance for drawing it as a first choice my dad is a non resident. I know there are some giant deer killed in this area later in the year just not sure what it would be like in the dredfull month of early october.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Looks like last year a NR had a good chance of drawing it 2nd choice. Year before a few didnt draw 1st choice and thats what I was thinking of. It seems to go back and forth on 2nd choice odds.

JPSeveland

Jun 8, 2014
Cheyenne Wyoming
Yes that is true you never know what the odds are going to be from year to year. I like this area mainly do to the amount of public land and that my dad could draw this tag with no points. May be a good hunt and look at some new country.

Deadeye Dan

Mar 27, 2014
Dubois WY
There are many better areas to hunt deer than 128. I live in Dubois and can tell you that our deer population isn't very good. Now elk hunting is a different story. There is talk of changing our area to a limited quota deer area. Yes lots of public land. You could go all day during the Oct season (15 days) and not see a deer. But its better to be hunting than sitting at home!