Moose Wyoming area 26

mulemaster

May 28, 2012
Rock Springs Wyoming
Used up my points and drew an area 26 Moose tag. Anyone hunted that area in the last few years? I am looking for some good spots to ride and scout for a nice bull this summer.
Thanks for your time.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Very good moose unit choice. Everything north of there is infested with wolves. I drew unit 20 last year and it was godawful.

mulemaster

May 28, 2012
Rock Springs Wyoming
Thanks, Coantag and Hobble Creeks are on the top of my list, someone also said that the west fork below Big Springs might be worth a try. Mac, Babe Sugar (my mules) and I will need to put on some miles this summer. I have not hunted that area sence the earty
80's. If anyone has any other places that I should look at please give out a shout.

wyohunter1

May 5, 2012
Very good moose unit choice. Everything north of there is infested with wolves. I drew unit 20 last year and it was godawful.
Did you end up killing anything? I drew unit 20 this year, willing to share any info about the area?

wyohunter1

May 5, 2012
wyohunter1, So was it in the godaweful range?
It was alright, check out My Wyoming Moose thread. Seen three bigger then the one I shot, too far from the road. Seen a lot of smaller ones and tons of cows and calves.