Moose Mania 2018

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
Well guys, I have taken some of the good advise provided on this forum and decided to book a moose hunt in British Columbia for the fall of 2018. Dropped the deposits into the mail today. The best part is that my grandfather will be hunting with me also. It will be the first time that either one of us has ever stepped foot in Canada, so we are really looking forward to it. I just wanted to thank everyone on here for being a bad influence on me over the past few months, and helping me to convince myself that this was something I should do sooner rather than later.

brushcreek

Apr 4, 2013
Arkansas
you will have a blast. bow or rifle hunt? I went on a moose hunt in Newfoundland last fall with my dad and 4 other guys. We had a blast.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You will have a great time, what outfitter and what part of BC?

If you have never been on a outfitted/guided hunt before you should love it if the guides and others do what they should for you.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Here's my 2015 BC MOOSE, by far the best adventure I've been on until this September's BC hunt with my son! IMG_1155.jpg. Who is the outfitter? BC is beautiful!

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
Long story short, moose mania was a bust. The first few days of our hunt daytime temps were in the 70's, and then the rain and fog rolled in for the remainder of our trip. I did get to see some cows and a two very small bulls, but my grandpaw only saw one cow moose the whole trip. It was a great vacation and I'm glad I got to go on a moose hunt with my grandpaw, but I just wish the weather would have cooperated and gave us cooler temps and a little snow.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Sorry to hear that. At least you got to spend time with your grandfather;).

I never even rode in a car with my grandfather. He sat at the house smoking cigarettes complaining about the Mexican invasion of the US and how bad the economy was.

Last edited: