Montana reservation hunting?

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
Are non tribal members allowed to hunt on any reservations in Montana thru buying a tag? It was my understanding that the only big game allowed to be hunted on a reservation is Bison? Is this incorrect? I have tried to reach out to several reservations in Montana, but it is fruitless.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Are non tribal members allowed to hunt on any reservations in Montana thru buying a tag? It was my understanding that the only big game allowed to be hunted on a reservation is Bison? Is this incorrect? I have tried to reach out to several reservations in Montana, but it is fruitless.
My buddy went on an Antelope hunt this year. I could probably get you guys in touch?
The hunt was out of Hardin. The guy running the show was nice. Chaz I believe his name was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
Thanks, I actually reached out to an warden in Hardin, he mentioned Chaz also, sounds like he runs or works with Crow Mountain outfitters, sounds like the reservation is in flux currently, warden mentioned something about 20 million dollars missing from the tribe, he made it sound like everything is shut down currently and impossible to contact agency's.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Thanks, I actually reached out to an warden in Hardin, he mentioned Chaz also, sounds like he runs or works with Crow Mountain outfitters, sounds like the reservation is in flux currently, warden mentioned something about 20 million dollars missing from the tribe, he made it sound like everything is shut down currently and impossible to contact agency's.
Ha. Of course. Well good luck!!

That?s a lot of money to be missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostriverproductions

Dec 27, 2011
Goshen IN
On the Crow anything can be hunted by non tribal members except Deer and Elk. But you must have a tribal member as an guide. They also get to set there own seasons. They are the only place in the country you can hunt buffalo (without having to draw a state tag) that can be entered into the P/Y or B/C record books. I have hunted antelope with them several times, if interested message me and I can give you the needed contact info.