Montana party application

Swedishhunter

Jun 24, 2016
I was trying to apply for the MT non-resident Deer combo as a group with my dad and son. It worked well for my dad's application and we are both tied to the same party.

But for my son's youth license there was no option of tying it to the same party. I suspect this is to do with the fact that I am his "sponsor" but I want to make sure we are all treated as a "party" and avoid me drawing a tag and he doesn't or vice versa.

Can anyone please clarify how this works?

Thanks!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I can't help much but in most states draws you cannot include a youth into a group application, they have to be put in by themselves

Swedishhunter

Jun 24, 2016
I think I got it now. The youth licenses are unlimited but requires a "sponsor" who has a full-price tag. In other words, if I draw, then my kid automatically gets a tag, otherwise not. thanks everyone

Swedishhunter

Jun 24, 2016
We got the applications done but did not draw the general Deer tags unfortunately. Now we are trying to figure out plan B, possibly apply for doe tags (700-00) which seem to be guaranteed and focus on scouting for next year when we hopefully draw buck tags! Any thoughts?