Montana MRS Info?

jay

Mar 10, 2011
TriCountyNM
This is a little off subject and may sound a little dorky but while reading many of the articles in the latest issue, I was surprised to find quite a few grammatical errors. Not that I'm a genious or english teacher, but for being who they are and what they represent, you would think that their editors would have caught these mistakes before print. Now hearing you guys talk about the MT MRS, makes me think that maybe they're too busy doing other projects and not taking the time to quality check information within the EHJ or EBJ to put out a true quality publication. I am going to check out the NM MRS to see if I encounter similar defects as you all did in MT. I don't think any less of Eastmans, I will still wait at the mailbox for a week for the next issue, just surprised and maybe a little dissappointed. Still a great magazine and forum...

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
I think that Eastman's is still the best publication on the market today. It is too easy to sit here at my computer and be overly critical of what shows up in my mailbox. I can truely say that I don't have a clue on what it takes to run a company like Eastman's, and I guess until I walk a mile in their shoes I should be more careful about how critical I am of their great work. Maybe Eastman's could start a thread asking thier subscribers for acurate information to put into their MRS section. Heck they could even make it a private thread that only they can read, and then take only the best information and make it available to everybody. Wouldn't that be something, an MRS section done by hunters who access the country all year long. Like they say, nobody knows the area better than the people living in it. Keep up the great job Eastman's.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
This is a little off subject and may sound a little dorky but while reading many of the articles in the latest issue, I was surprised to find quite a few grammatical errors. Not that I'm a genious or english teacher, but for being who they are and what they represent, you would think that their editors would have caught these mistakes before print.
I've subscribed for about 2 years now, and have noticed the same.. I suppose it's not a huge deal, but coming from a guy that proof reads every email I send for work about half a dozen times, I guess I notice those things.. I have to give Eastmans credit though, the magazine and the information they provide has been instrumental in getting me started hunting out West.. Without their help, I would have either spent a ton more time trying to figure out each state, or I would have just given up on half of them!