Montana mountain goat success!

Tim Hughes

Jan 31, 2012
Sonoma County
Thanks guys! It was a great experience and better trophy than I expected. My goal was a mature billy and to have a good time doing it. All boxes checked!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
That’s a tough hunt for sure. I’ve been on one in Nv. That’s one hell of an accomplishment!

Congratulations!

Tim Hughes

Jan 31, 2012
Sonoma County
I need some advice. I dropped off my cape at a taxidermist in Reno but am struggling with what to do. The biologist said he might make B&C but I dont have a score yet. Maybe

I really want my first life size mount but man it's expensive! Any ideas from you guys on pose or position? Right now I'm thinking of it laying on a rock like he was while I waited for him to stand up.

Attachments

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I need some advice. I dropped off my cape at a taxidermist in Reno but am struggling with what to do. The biologist said he might make B&C but I dont have a score yet. Maybe

I really want my first life size mount but man it's expensive! Any ideas from you guys on pose or position? Right now I'm thinking of it laying on a rock like he was while I waited for him to stand up.
I like that idea. I know a lot of guys that take the position of where the animal was for the mount.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Ohhhh...whatever else Tim you got to have peace in the valley when you bring that mount home. My discussion with my wife when I called home after my first bull elk & getting a shoulder mount became a serious discussion. A full body mount will need the proper dedicated space that could possibly involve a much bigger investment than just the taxidermy.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
That’d be a cool mount! Life size it!!!! I think if you didn’t, you’d regret it later. Goats are animals that need to be full bodied. If and when I get my goat, I’ll be doing a full body. Not sure where it’ll go, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get there and figure it out

Tim Hughes

Jan 31, 2012
Sonoma County
Thanks for the input guys! I want to also share with you all a photo of my elk I just got 2 days ago in Nevada on a muzzleloader hunt. I was truly blessed this year to hit the jackpot on tags. I still have 2 great mule deer hunts to come. I'm now retired and am enjoying every minute of it!

Attachments